How To: Flatlay

March 27, 2017
Flatlay is really trendy these days. You can be SOOO creative with making flatlays. I personally love making them because I can add a personal touch in it.

For those who don't know what flatlay(ing) is... well, it's making a "flat" photo of some stuff or food or whatever the hell YOU like. The pictures are mostly taken from above on a flat perspective that makes the things your using very cute and it looks very professional. Instagram brand accounts use flatlays most of the time (for example Primark).

Here are some photo's of flatlays I made today (sorry for bad quality):



 















Wich one is your favorite???


But now how to make & edit them best?

Take the photo:
  • Choose objects from a certain theme (beauty, music, summer, travel...)
  • The best you can do is hold on to a certain shade or color base. (I like the cool colors, white background and black objects.
  • Choose your background (You can variate with this and use your bed, the floor, a nice fur pillow, a marble table...)
  • Hold your camera/ Phone/ plolaroid above your art and make a picture. (It needs to be flat so try to make the picture horizontally.)
  • You're done!

Edit:
  • I Always use VSCOcam (an app) to edit all my photo's. (my favorite filter is HB2)
  • Try not to edit it toooo much (less is more)
  • Use an app that YOU think works the best for your pictures.
  • Your ready to post it on your social media!

I hope you can use these tips! I'm a big fan of flatlay! When you've made one post in on Facebook and Tag me in it so I can see it ;)  (instagram: https://www.instagram.com/just_myrthe/ )

Thanks for redaing this post and stay tuned till the next one!!!

X Myrthe




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.